Bloated early pregnancy and why women feel like puffer fish?. Bloating means a swollen state caused by retention of gas or retention of fluid. Bloating and excess wind are very common during pregnancy and these two symptoms can be the most awkward. One of the signs that you realize you’re bloating is when you try to do up your pants and, most of the time you have to hold your tummy in.
Possible causes of bloating during pregnancy
Bloated early pregnancy and what causes this health issue. The causes of bloating during pregnancy could be many and sometimes it is impossible to avoid bloating, but we can try some methods such as; homemade remedies and foods that can help us with this awkward symptom.
These are some of the possible causes of bloating during pregnancy.
- Progesterone is hormone it’s very important for your pregnancy and it is the main cause of bloating and gas
- Gaining weight during pregnancy
- Dairy products, (lactose intolerance)
- Carbonated drink, such as sparkling water and soda
- Fried food can cause excess gas
- Artificial sweeteners, such as sorbitol and fructose
- Vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, kale, cabbage, brussels sprouts, etc.
What to do to reduce bloating?
First, let’s clarify the differences between water retention and bloating are two different health issues, water retention is when your stomach has an excess of fluid and, bloating is caused by excess gas and most of the time you feel like your tummy is going to burst like a balloon.
- Instead of eating big meals, eat several meals throughout the whole day
- Avoid sugar alcohols
- Avoid eating large amounts of fruit such as mangoes, cherries, grapes, peaches, etc., they can bloat your stomach, I know, these fruits are very healthy, but these fruits also contain a lot of sugar each one of them
- Stop the habit of chewing gum
- During meals stop drinking frequently, just drink when you have done eating
- By all means, quit smoking, it is dangerous and unhealthy, by all means, smoking can boost stomach acidity.
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Some medicine can cause bloating
- Stress during pregnancy, it can cause bloating and it’s important to be relaxed to avoid stress
- Drink plenty of water every day, at least 6 glasses of water, which help prevent constipation during pregnancy
- Don’t drink water or juice using a straw
- Every time you eat, be sure to eat slowly and chew thoroughly
Read about: How to take care of my vagina