This is one of my family’s favorite foods and I also love it as well. You don´t have to be a professional chef to make this recipe.
If you have any family member that is involved in sports like a son or even a daughter you know when they come back home they are very hungry and they´ll eat anything, you know what I´m talking about, right? Well, this is one of the best recipes that you can offer them, and I´m pretty sure that they will love these delicious crockpot chicken tacos with salsa
This is How You Show makes Shredded Chicken Tacos to Enjoy With your Family
To prepare these delicious crockpot chicken tacos with salsa, first of all, make sure to buy fresh chicken breast. I do not want to hear anymore that boneless and skinless chicken breasts have to be boring and tasteless, this delicious Mexican recipe you can enjoy it with friends and family.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 4 hours
TOTAL TIME: 4 hours 10 minutes
SERVINGS: 5 servings
AUTHOR: Dolores Ventura
Recipe for chicken tacos in the crockpot
3 lb. boneless, skinless chicken fresh breasts cut in half
4 heaping tablespoons homemade taco seasoning mix if you have any or you can buy taco seasoning at the supermarket
1 red onion (finely sliced)
½ tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp kosher salt
½ cup cilantro leaves
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tablespoon garlic (minced) or 2 cloves garlic
2 limes juiced (about ¼ cup juice)
1 cup of salsa
¾ cup of corn
Pepper to taste
1 can Mexican beer (optional)
1 or 2 Guacamole peeled and diced
For these crockpot chicken tacos with salsa, these are all the ingredients that you need to know:
- First of all, you will have to remove the bones and the skin from the chicken breasts and don´t forget to rinse and pat dry.
- Place all the chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker and remember you don´t have to add water.
- Add the following ingredients over the chicken breast garlic, onion, cumin, salt and add the lime juice and stir around using a spatula or two forks and cook on high for about 2 and half hours or cook on slow for 4 hours.
- Third, you have to add all the remaining ingredients corn, dried oregano, pepper, cilantro leaves, chili powder, jalapeno, a Mexican beer can and the ¾ cup of salsa.
- Cook for another 2 or 3 hours on high or for another 4 hours
- Before removing from fire make sure that the chicken is White and soft enough to shred apart with two forks.
- Serve and enjoy with friends and with your family
¾ cup shredded cheese
Shredded green cabbage or you can use the purple one
You can serve this yummy chicken breast in tacos shells, corn tortillas or flour tortillas or in bowls over rice.
Recipes Notes for Crockpot Chicken Tacos with Salsa
I prefer to use raw chicken breast instead of cooked chicken breast in this specific recipe, but when I’m feeling a little bit lazy, I prefer to throw in pre-cooked frozen chicken breast strips into the crockpot and avoid the 4 hours of cooking of this delicious recipe, but the taste and freshness are never the same.
Calories: 163kcal | Calcium: 45mg | Vitamin C: 3mg | Carbohydrates: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Suga: 1g | Vitamin A: 802IU | Protein: 25g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 386mg | Fiber: 1g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Iron: 2mg | Potassium: 577mg
Looking for Something Else?
Get the recipe for this delicious and yummy Grilled Chicken Breasts