Flu vs cold
Flu vs cold many people confuse colds symptoms and flu and most people think that both are the same flu and colds, even both of this two illness have similar symptoms and it is important to know very well the differences between one and the other. What the difference between cold and flu?
Let us explain the differences between this two illnesses
- Sore throat (Not aways)
- Fatigue (always very tired, especially at first)
- Fever (Usually. Ranges between 100 and 120F, but can be higher in children)
- Headaches (Usually)
- Chills (Sometimes)
- Muscle aches
- Body aches (Always)
- Poor appetite (this could be caused by pain in swallowing if the throat is sore)
- Nasal symptoms or stuffy nose (Nose is sometimes congested)
Symptoms of a cold
The common cold is normally known as simple cold and this is a viral infectious disease of the upper respiratory tract. This is very important that you should know, signs and symptoms may appear less than three days after exposure to the virus.
- Sore throat (common, especially on the first three days)
- Fever (Sometimes)
- Runny or blocked nose (Aways)
- Fatigue (Not always)
- Body aches (none)
What to do to prevent flu and colds?
Well, It is almost impossible to avoid catching the flu or a cold, but we could do a lot to avoid getting infected by somebody else.
All we know that viruses are contained in water droplets which are come out of people`s mouths and noses and when an infected person coughs or sneezes in front of you for sure you will get infected because those droplets may land on your face and those droplets infected with viruses may land on your face and those droplets could travel through your respiratory tract and through your mouth. Follow these tips
- avoid getting wet in the rain
- Wash your hands regularly to avoid germs and virus, especially before eating or before touching your mouth
- When someone sneezes or coughs around you, hold your breath for a moment
- Always cough and sneeze into a tissue
- Sanitize your office space (You must clean everything that gets touched by lots of people)
- Avoid smoking ( Did you know smoking cigarettes depletes the levels of vitamin C)