What’s the best way to keep my vagina clean?
How to take care of my vagina? Fortunately, there are many natural methods and remedies that we can buy, or that we also can prepare at home to wash out the vagina. Here are some of the methods or remedies you can use
Vaginal shower or douche?
What is a vaginal shower or vaginal douche? A vaginal shower consists of washing out your inner intimate area, using natural methods such as water and vinegar, to get rid of infections, vaginal odor, to eliminate fungi and female secretions.
The vaginal shower is as important as the daily hygiene of people. One study conducted by the Office on Women’s Health Department. They concluded that almost one in five women 15 to 44 years douche or (vaginal shower).
However, Doctors recommend that you do not douche. Douching can lead to many health problems, including problems getting pregnant.
Source: Office on Women’s Health
However, soap and water is the method most used by almost all women to wash their vaginas.
This is something that you should know, the skin of the vulva is almost as delicate as the face, and you have to be careful when using soaps to clean the vagina.
- It is very important not to use perfumed soaps, because they may contain substances that could alter the vaginal flora.
- Do not use soaps that contain too much caustic soda.
- Do not use liquid soaps to wash the vagina because of the high fragrance content.
Use of vinegar to clean your vagina
Anyhow, apple cider vinegar has been used to disinfect wounds, to eliminate fungi and vaginal odor, vinegar has been used for hundreds of years. It is recommended to use apple cider vinegar.
- Vinegar contains the acidity needed to wash the vagina.
- Vinegar also contains antiseptic qualities to fight the bacteria that proliferate in the vagina.
- Balances PH levels in women
Corn starch powder
We can use cornstarch powder to combat vaginal odor, perspiration, can be the main cause that makes your vagina smell like fish, causing an unpleasant and unnatural odor. The best way to keep odors away from the vagina is to keep your vagina or genitals dry all the time.
Use of garlic
Garlic is mostly used as a species in food preparations, but people have used garlic for medicinal purposes to cure many diseases. The benefits of garlic are extensive and it is widely used in medical applications.
To clean your vagina, we can use garlic, as they contain a powerful substance known as allicin, which has the following properties:
How can I use garlic to clean the vagina?
- Take a clove of garlic and remove the skin.
- Attach a thread through the garlic clove
- Insert the garlic clove into your vagina
- Let the thread hang outside your vagina to facilitate removal.
- Leave the garlic clove in your vagina before going to bed, until the next morning.
Source: Guru Salud vs
Wear cotton underwear
Why Should Women Wear Cotton Panties? When wearing cotton underwear, make sure it is organic. Wearing cotton underwear helps your underwear to dry much faster than clothing made of polyester or microfiber materials. This is because cotton allows air to flow freely through the fabric.
- If you are one of those who likes to wear underwear made with other types of fabrics, at least make sure that the part of the underwear that will be in contact with your intimate part has a cotton lining.
- It is preferable to wear underwear made of organic cotton, undyed, that has not been treated with any chemicals that may cause vaginal infection or odor.
Use of talc: may cause ovarian cancer
The use of talc can cause ovarian cancer. Talc contains asbestos, which is known to cause cancer in the lungs when inhaled.
Johnson & Johnson baby talc was sued by 22 women who claimed that their ovarian cancer was caused by the use of Johnson & Johnson baby talc.
A jury in St. Louis, Missouri, United States ruled in favor of women and the jury awarded $550 million in compensation and $4.14 billion in punitive damages, the largest payment the company has ever faced.