Ketogenic diet and weight loss all the things you need to know about this amazing diet. Here I bring you one of the most complete keto diet food lists, which you will find nowhere else. In this article, you will learn all about ketogenic diets, what foods you should eat and what foods you should avoid.
What is a ketogenic diet?
Ketogenic diet and weight loss always go hand in hand. The meaning of the ketogenic diet is a high-fat diet moderate-protein, low carbohydrate, and also used to treat epilepsy seizures in children and certain types of cancer in adults. But a very interesting fact about this diet is that it causes the body to release chemicals produced by the liver called ketones into your bloodstream and used as energy. This diet has many health benefits for your body.
- It helps your body to convert food into energy.
- With this specific diet, you will feel much less hungry.
- It’s good to treat diabetes type 2
- Ketogenic diets might help lower the risk of heart disease
- It provides energy for the heart, kidneys, muscles, and definitely, it’s the best strategy for weight loss fast.
To be more accurate about the ketogenic diet, carbs (think about sugar, bread, and pasta) are restricted below 50 grams per day, this is because carbohydrates are the main source of energy.
Every time that you eat a lot of fat and fewer carbs puts you in ketosis, a metabolic state, well this means that your body burns fat instead of carbs for fuel. If you eat foods rich in carbohydrates, your body produces glucose and insulin, which is not good for your health. This concurred diet comprises very low-carbs.
Is ketogenic diet effective for weight loss?
The answer to that question is a big yes. Ketogenic diet and weight loss are two of the most searched words on the Internet.
Don’t let the word “diet” intimidate you at all, instead of that you should think of the keto diet, as your best option to have a healthy lifestyle full of positive changes, by doing this you will love and enjoy for the rest of your life the meal plans that you have chosen for your keto diet.
Hey, did you know that the ketogenic diet strategically mimics all the good benefits of intermittent fasting, which is an eating pattern that cycle periods of fasting and eating?
How many types of keto diets are there?
If you want to get into ketosis, we recommend that you investigate more about the keto diet that best suits you. There are several types of keto diet.
Standard ketogenic diet (SKD) This specific diet comprises a very low in carb, high-fat diet, and moderate protein intake. Healthy fats 70-75% from seafood, oils, nuts, fatty fish like the salmon. 15-20% protein from eggs, peanut butter, wild salmon, grass-fed beef. 5-10% carbs from vegetables
Targeted ketogenic diet (TKD) There are few differences between these two types of diet. The TKD is an advised variation of the very well-known standard keto diet and comprises eating carbs around your workout times. 65-70% fat, 20% protein, 10-15 carbs
Cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD) is almost the same but with some variations of the standard ketogenic diet. Well, they made this specific diet for bodybuilders, athletes, and people who work out.
This diet involves 5 days of the standard ketogenic diet and, followed by 2 days of higher carbohydrates intake at the end of the 5 days, this means that you will go in and out of ketosis on a weekly basis. 70-75% carbohydrates, 20-25 protein, and 5-10 healthy fat
High protein ketogenic diet (HPKD). Well, mainly followed by beginners and is the most common ketogenic diet. People who want to lose excess body fat must follow this diet and won’t affect their muscular body composition. The high protein ketogenic diet is perfect for wrestlers, weightlifters, and people who want to stack muscle and this is how it should work: 60% healthy fat, 35% protein and 5% carbohydrates.
What foods can I eat on the keto diet?
Ketogenic diet for beginners and for anyone who wants to know about the foods and beverages allowed. This is one of the most complete lists of food that you can eat for weight loss. These foods include proteins and fats that are highly essential on the keto diet.
- Fruit: Blackberries, lemon, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and avocados are keto-friendly fruits
- Fish and seafood: wild salmon, mackerel, lobster, crab, mussels, crawfish, shrimp, snapper, catfish, flounder, tuna, etc…
- Eggs: Whole eggs,
- Meat and poultry: turkey meat, chicken breast, duck meat, beef meat, pork meat, chicken thighs, mutton, ham
- fats and oil: Extra-virgin olive oil, fatty fish, ghee, avocados, coconut oil, butter
- Vegetables: Kale, peppers, cucumber, arugula, cabbage, mushroom, tomatoes, spinach, asparagus, celery, onion, bok choy, eggplant, garlic.
- Keto dairy allowed: Cheese, plain yogurt Greek, cream, butter
- Drinks: Black coffee once a day, unsweetened nut milk, lemon water, unsweetened almond milk, green tea, black tea, green keto smoothies, dark chocolate, and cocoa powder, vodka and beer in moderation, and dry wine
- Sweetener for your keto diet: Stevia, erythritol, monk fruit
- Nuts and seeds: Pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, cashews, almonds, flaxseeds, pecans, Brazil nuts, walnuts, macadamia nuts.
Foods you shouldn’t eat on the keto diet
For a better result on your goal on the Ketogenic diet and weight loss, we should avoid the following list of foods out of our keto diet. But remember, if you really want to kick your body into ketosis avoid carbs and starches.
- Grains you should avoid on keto diet: Rice, wheat, corn, oats, millet, barley, sorghum, rye, tapioca, quinoa, buckwheat.
- Avoid starchy foods vegetables: Pasta, cereals, bread, flour, pizza, crackers, noodles, cookies, cassava, yam, potato, sweet potato.
- Dairy: Condensed milk, fat-free yogurt, most milk, and low-fat yogurt.
- Fruits: Watermelon, papaya, pineapple, mandarin, grapes, apple, grapefruit, mango, ripe banana, dragon fruit, orange, peach, cantaloupe.
- Avoid any kind of sugar: Cane sugar, golden sugar, brown sugar, beet sugar, corn sugar, honey, molasses, maple syrup, corn syrup, malt, yellow sugar, fructose, grape sugar, etc.
- Legumes: Kidney beans, pinto beans, lima beans, lentils, chickpeas, navy beans, black-eyed peas, black beans, baked beans, etc…
- Beverages: Ginger ale, sports drinks, mocha, colas, fruit juices, root beer, sweetened iced tea, grape soda, Piña coladas, vitamin water, lemonade, frappuccino, and cocktails.
Ketovale – The Complete Keto Diet Food List
Perfect Keto – Ketogenic Foods To Avoid